Monday, November 20, 2006

Running FROM THE BIG, BAD WOLF

Okay, it has to be dealt with. Those pesky rads over in the Middle East.

Iyieu, iyeiu, iyeiu, ick, ick. I just wanna poke my head in the sand and leave it there. Wake me up when it's over.

As I see it, here’s the problem: The Christofascists and Islamofascists are mad dogs. Put them in the same room, you’ll end up with four, giant Jackson Pollock paintings (little blood and skin pieces spread evenly over all four walls). (Remember Little Black Sambo’s tigers? Same principle).

Most think Islamofascists outnumber Christofascists, the Islamo guys are a bit more batty than the Christo guys, and Islamos are poised to take over Europe and America. Well, actually, some say they've already taken over Europe. Coumnist/critic Mark Steyn’s one.**

Once again, it’s Yaj (the god YahwehAllahJehovah* -- one god, under god, so help me god) giving himself ulcers. I mean, why does he have to do that? He’s already grouchier than a bed-bugged dog.

And I’m ticked off at myself, too. Why’d I have to read that review of Steyn’s book in the first place? He’s obviously far, far right – lotsa talk about how Britain’s gotten soft ‘cause everyone’s on welfare, and how they’ve let all those Islamo’s in to do the work Brits don’t wanna do. The “politics of fear” they call it here in America.

On the other hand, I know it's only right to read the other side occasionally.
It’s enough to give a person a giant headache.

What do you think (i.e., come right on in and share my headache with me)?

Added at 8:41 PM -- Just discovered that this book is #18 on Amazon.com's Hottest Books list.
__________________
*Yahweh, Allah and Jehovah are all Abrahamaic gods -- the god of Abraham. There's really no difference between them. Their holy books, Torah, Koran and Bible are almost identical.
** Steyn's book is America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It
__________________
thnx to skyro for the pic of the "sun god" statue from the Isle of Wight

4 comments:

Morgaine said...

Yeah, they give me headaches, too. Bush wants to bring Jesus back, Ahmedinajad wants to wipe Israel off the map, Israel wants to beat him to it and wipe out the Palestinians and none of them will listen to reason. They are all convinced they are doing "god's will." Personally, I'm starting to think that people with such delusions shouldn't be allowed in positions of power. Only people who think the end of the world is a bad thing should be allowed near nukes.

The Middle East is one giant mess, and I don't see anything good coming out of it. If we had a real president, the kind with a brain, s/he'd get all of our troops the hell out of there. Our presence there only inflames the fanatics. Get the hell out of their way, and pray they forget about us and concentrate on fighting each other.

Personally, I'm less afraid of the Islamofascists than I can the Christofascists. Isamlists didn't put anthrax in our mail or blow up that building in Oklahoma City. Islamists aren't trying to drive me out of the country, or destroy my secular government. They aren't beating peaceful protesters in Houston or tasing college kids at UCLA. Islamists aren't going to scoop Americans up off the street and hold them without charges, legal counsel or rights of habeas corpus. Islamists aren't torturing people in Gitmo or Abu Grahib. Islamists aren't tapping my phones, reading my emails or claiming the right to enter my home without a search warrant.

Goddess help us all.

Morgaine said...

That should say "than I am" not "than I can" - sigh.

Athana said...

QUOTABLE QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Only people who think the end of the world is a bad thing should be allowed near nukes."

SOPKA said...

Are their more Islamo-fascist or are christo-facsist just better at sounding politically correct; Left Behind Series was NYT bestseller.