Tuesday, March 28, 2006

GREEKS CAN WORSHIP Athena AGAIN


This is earthshaking news, from Morgaine at The- Goddess, who got it from the Witch's Voice, who got it from a March 26, 2006, edition of Focus News English:

"Athens. Greek court allowed association of worshippers of ancient Greek deities to be set up, Radio Svoboda informs.

"At the moment Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Aphrodite, Athena, Hermes, etc. are being worshipped by 100,000 Greeks.

"Until now Ministry of Culture banned them from conducting public worship at archeological sites and their gatherings were often secretive.

"Greek Orthodox Church is severely criticizing worship of ancient deities."

[Morgaine]: "This is wonderful! You may remember a while back I wrote a review of 'I still Worship Zeus' which is a documentary about this issue. I'm so happy that the Old Ways are legal again in Greece. How a country with such a rich spiritual legacy could suppress it for so long is beyond me. I'm glad they're free again."
Why do I say this is earthshaking? Because I don't know of any other country whose government has re-legitimized the worship of the deities crucified by Christianity, Islam, Judaism or Hinduism.

Am I wrong? Does anyone know anything I don't?
_______
Thnx to hylasgz for the foto of "Athena's help"

2 comments:

Anne Johnson said...

Yeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwww! Victory for the Bored Gods! I'm so glad Athena can quit selling knockoff purses from a kiosk off Broad Street in Philly!

100,000 Greeks worship this pantheon? AWESOME!

Do you think they'll send missionaries to America?

This news made my day.

Morgaine said...

Willow- as Aphrodite and as Venus, Our Lady had many titles. Those two are correct, but it is also correct to simply call her Aphrodite. My favorite title is Ariadne-Aphrodite, which is a remnant of the energetic connection between her and Dionysus.


Ann- That was her?! Godd disguise! Ha ha!