Thursday, June 16, 2005

NAKED Goddess

Omigosh, my Postal Person knocked on my door today and handed me Nanno Marinatos's The Goddess and the Warrior: The Naked Goddess and Mistress of Animals in Early Greek Religion. It's about as thick as a potato chip! I paid $125.00 for 129 pages! That's darn near $1.00 per page!!

But listen, see, I had to get it. It's about the Goddess, it's by an archaeologist, and it was printed in this millenium vs. the last. I'll eat gravy til Christmas.

My initial rough assessment: The "Naked Goddess" was the Goddess perverted by the patriarchy. She materialized after the Minoans vanished, i.e., after the patriarchy crushed the "pure" Goddess. Nanno thinks she was a Goddess not for women at all, but specially for warriors and other men. She was found in Greece, Turkey, Egypt and Syria -- and maybe other places too.

Some of the pics were disturbing. Maybe I'll post again on this after I read more.

No comments: