Saturday, October 14, 2006

Playing CHESS WITH YOUR LIFE

If in the next few days Bushlet bombs Iran (or launches some other brainy move -- provoking an attack on U.S. soil?), I doubt we can stop him.

What we can do is stay calm. We need to refuse to let Bushy’s upcoming surprise, SURPRISE us -– or our friends -- into voting Nov. 7 to keep the NeoCons in Congress.

If we let the air outa Bushy’s surprise before it hits, then we can and will vote a new group of sane people in to Congress. [Sound of Athana taking a deep, cleansing breath]

Then these sane people can mop up whatever damage Bushy’s begun.

So sweeties, let’s keep our cool! On November 8, I'm going to ask each and every one of you to report that you made a November 7 trip to the polls.

6 comments:

Anti-thesisofreason said...

I am poised to help remove Tom Reynolds from office come election day! That will hopefully help out some!

Athana said...

Great, anti-thesis! That's what I like to hear! You go!

Anne Johnson said...

I won't be able to drive anywhere on Nov. 8 because gas will suddenly leap to $5.00 a gallon.

Morgaine said...

I'll be voting, but unfortunately, we've only got little local stuff going on and KY politics at the county level is a freaking nightmare.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

hmm...no can do I'm afraid Athana.

But I tell you what, it's my birthday on Nov 8th, so I'll include the entire nation in general, and all Goddess Folk in particular, in my celebratory wishes, how's that?

Love,

Terri in Joburg
(err..that's in South Africa)

Athana said...

Happy upcoming birthday, Terri. I've been meaning to ask you where Joburg is. For some reason I was thinking Australia.

Bless you for including us here in Amerika in amongst your other wishes. We need all the help we can get. And so do many in the other parts of the world that we have hurt, I'm deeply ashamed to say.