Monday, December 18, 2006

jesusneverexisted

"Jesus – The Imaginary Friend

"Christianity was the ultimate product of religious syncretism in the ancient world. Its emergence owed nothing to a holy carpenter. There were many Jesuses but the fable was a cultural construct. Nazareth did not exist in the 1st century AD – the area was a burial ground of rock-cut tombs. Following a star would lead you in circles. The 12 disciples are as fictitious as their master, invented to legitimise the claims of the early churches. The original Mary was not a virgin. That idea was borrowed from pagan goddesses.

"Scholars have known all this for more than 200 years but priestcraft is a highly profitable business and finances an industry of deceit to keep the show on the road. "Jesus better documented than any other ancient figure" ? Don't believe a word of it. Unlike the mythical Jesus, a real historical figure like Julius Caesar has a mass of mutually supporting evidence."

From the website jesusneverexisted.
________________
thnx to gregorio86 for the foto

4 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

I find the Mythical Jesus model very persuasive.

What angered me intensely was to find out-once I had grown up and actually looked into the whole story-that the historical, yes-he-really-existed model was being accepted and punted by people who had no idea about the historical recored, or rather lack of it.
Children in my day were brought up to accept this paradigm whether or not they were religious.It was just one of those things you took for granted, because'everyone else did'.
After all, *someone* must have looked into this whole claim, now mustn't they?
The shock and anger I experienced on finding out that there is little to no evidence of this singular Jesus figure beyond the gospels, which are , pardon me, a highly suspect source .
I'm talking 'historical truth' now, Paxton, not 'workable truth'.

Recently I have calmed down a little-I take my truths where I find them, and believe in the right of anybody else-even Christians (!)to do the same.
Just as long as they leave the children alone.
Love,
Terri in Joburg

Athana said...

I recognize your anger, Terri. I felt it when I first discovered hell was completely bogus and I'd been hoodwinked all those years. Same too when I found out that Jonah, Moses, Adam and Eve, and all the others were just lifted from the old Goddess religions and passed off as "genuinely War-God."

Morgaine said...

That's the part that gets me - they weren't even original about it. They stole the best parts of various myths to create one huge Gothic tale and people think it's real. Ugh.

Good post, Dearest. Merry Yule!

SOPKA said...

Most of the jesus tale is the Mithras story A religion fouded 300 years before Christ and the favored religion of the roman military elite. Gee was the absorbing of the mithras myth a accident or did satan create mithiras as vehicle to boomdoggle poor pious converts in the future. Or realistically early church fathers lusted after military and political power like Jerry Falwell does after a opportunity to prove his idiocy. No insult to idiots.